Thursday, August 8, 2013

One week in the blogosphere and nominated for a Liebster award! CRAZY!



A Liebster Award for me! Already?  Thanks so much to Kristen at Chalk & Apples for nominating me.

Liebster awards are for blogs with less than 200 followers.  In order to accept the nomination you need to do the following:

  1.  Link back to the person that nominated you.
  2. Answer the questions from your nominator.
  3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 5 more blogs with less than 200 followers.
  5. Pose 11 questions for your nominees
My Answers:

What do you teach?
I teach seventh grade ELA.

What school supply do you love most?
Tough decision! I just love them all and have too much of them.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Words with Friends and Candy Crush Saga

What's your go-to caffeine fix on sleepy mornings?
I actually never have caffeine in the morning.  Just a glass of OJ to start my day.

What are you most excited about this school year?
Implementing my ideas and techniques learned from Teach Like a Pirate and using Edmodo

Who is the teacher who inspires you most?
Any teacher who goes the extra mile and gives more than 100% of themselves each and every day.
If you were giving your students a wish list for Christmas gifts, what would be the #1 item on it?
30 iPads/Macbooks so that I can have 1:1 computing in my classroom

What's your favorite Pinterest recipe?
I just started by account a week ago and haven't seen any recipes. I've been focused on finding educational ideas.

If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
Greece and the Azores

What time do you wake up in the mornings?
An hour before I have to be at work.

If you had a day off, and nothing to do, how would you spend it?
READING, of course!

11 Random Facts about me:
1.  I have three friends in three different countries that I have a pen pal to for 18 years.
2.  I prefer sugar candy over chocolate!
3.  I buy too many books from Scholastic book orders that I ended up donating hundreds to fellow ELA teachers and my library.
4.  I have a pet cat even though I'd never liked my sister's cat when growing up.
5.  I could spend every day reading and learning about being a better teacher and learning more about administration.
6.  I've been stuck in 7th grade for so long that I find bathroom humor funny.
7.  I love USA network shows way too much.
8.  I refuse to get an iPhone because I don't want to spend another $240 a year on an already too high cell phone bill.
9.  The highlight of my career is when a 12th grader told me he was still in school and graduating because of me.
10.  I also work with ELL students.
11.  I'm extremely proud of a former immigrant student when he graduated Fairfield University this year and that I was able to share that moment with him.  He's now a citizen, too!

I am nominating . . .
2.  Teacher Aha! Moments
3.  Teaching Isn't Scripted . . .
4.  Teaching with Class
5.  Technology Up to Speed

Your 11 questions are:

1.  What/who was your inspiration to become a teacher?
2.  What is your favorite grade to teach?
3.  What is a goal for this year?
4.  What is a pet peeve of yours?
5.  What is the best book you've read that didn't have to do with the education world?
6.  What is the best teacher resource that you've come across?
7.  What are three of your favorite apps for your classroom?
8.  What is the best lesson you've done?
9.  Why did you start a blog?
10. What is one thing on your wish list?
11.  If there was one thing you could change about the city you work in, what would it be?

Thanks again, Kristen, for the nomination!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your nomination! Here is my blog post about my award!
    Thanks!
    Jaime

    http://technologyuptospeed.blogspot.com/2013/08/wow-my-blog-has-been-nominated-for.html

    ReplyDelete